Apply to become a POW! Peer Counselor!
An excellent listener?
Committed to helping others?
Willing to volunteer your time?
The POW Peer Counseling POW PCP is a free, confidential, and anonymous phone service available to all Pink City Corp members and affiliates who wish to share a problem, need referral information, or just want to talk to an unbiased listener. The service is staffed by member volunteers who are active listeners, dedicated, empathetic, and committed to helping others. We want individuals who are willing and able to problem solve without sharing personal information, experiences, and opinions. This is a volunteer position and an opportunity to practice active listening skills.
The POW Peer Counseling POW PCP is not a crisis hotline, but rather a service that can offer members a warm, safe, and supportive environment conducive to self-help.
Volunteers must be willing to:
- Convey trust, anonymity and assure confidentiality within guidelines to members who seek assistance from the POW! Peer Counselor Program.
- Attend monthly meeting sessions and maintain contact with Program coordinator.
- Work on the POW! PCP X hours per week.
- Participate in marketing events to raise awareness about the program
- Maintain contact with those requiring assistance, and document contacts and conversations
- Notify management 2 weeks in advance should you need to withdraw from participation
- Notify the Program Coordinator should a conflict of interest arise